Do you like extreme sports? Are you the adventurous type who enjoys taking risks? Or maybe you simply find going to new places a great deal of fun. Whichever you prefer, skiing is one of the best pursuits you could embark on.
In case you are a first-timer at skiing, however, you will need the proper gear. Here is a list of items you will want to bring along when you go skiing.
Essential Skiing Equipment
- A helmet: currently, helmets are standard equipment these days. Before November of 2012, helmets weren’t a necessary skiing item to bring along. Regardless, a helmet will keep you safe in case you come across any potential hazards.
- Boots: Ensure that you have the proper fitting boots. Skiing boots must be comfortable and you need to have some wiggle space for your toes.
- Socks: You are going to need comfortable and warm socks. Don’t overdo it, though; wearing two pairs of socks might cause you to lose some circulation while skiing.
- Pants: This is a no-brainer, but the pants you choose will either make or break you. Try to find a pair of thick skiing pants, but avoid wearing sweatpants.
- Skis: With a good pair of skis, your skiing adventure will be highly accentuated. Volkl skis are highly recommended for this trip, since they are durable and steady.
Now that you have the gear ready, here are top three places you will have the greatest skiing experience.
1. Vail, Colorado
In Vail, you not only get to enjoy the gorgeous scenery, delectable cuisine, and the charming town, but you also get to experience the skiing adventure of a lifetime. With your Volkl skis and your helmet, you can delight in the superior skiing adventures which await you. Vail has over 5,289 acres of extraordinary fun. It is an excellent Colorado resort with a broad selection of skiing trails. Plus, there is an app for this location which can track your vertical feet. It is called EpicMix—make sure to download this during you stay.
2. Park Valley, Utah
This location has been ranked as one of the best places to go skiing. It is highly accessible and is super close to the airport. It’s larger than Telluride, Colorado, which is another high ranking skiing area. In Park Valley, you can admire the picturesque scenery before you even ski. There is a fantastic ski run which runs down to Main Street, which is where you can be picked up by the Town Lift which will carry you to the resort.
3. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Jackson Hole has been highly ranked as an amazing ski resort. It’s not hard to believe, since it has the best terrain in North America. It has incredible slopes and trails which are an absolute must to adventure on.
Overall, skiing is an exciting experience. You will highly enjoy the adventure you embark on in any of the three places recommended. Just make sure to wear the proper gear and you will be set for the adventure of a lifetime.